Re: Yiddish Tango!

In a message dated 3/14/2003 4:27:43 PM Central Standard Time,
creativa (at) charm(dot)net writes:

> Any more Yiddish tango songs I should be aware of????

The Yiddish tangos in our rep are Ikh Hob Dich Tzufiel Lieb (Tauber) and
Friling.

We also play the Russian tangos, Sertze (my heart) and Utomlyonaya Solntze
(which we just posted part of a performance of on our website, if you wanna
hear it).

There is a terrific Soviet "multfilm" (cartoon, but not for kids) set to a
wartime tango which shows the young men and women, the men in uniform,
dancing in a dance hall.  The young men vanish, the women are left dancing
alone.  Very haunting.

Shabbat Shalom,
Lori @ MAX

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->