Re: Radio announcers (Was: Were they Jewish?)

   Also, a radio announcer (not usually a dependable source of
   information)  recently commented that when Frederick Delius lived in
   Florida, etc. ...

Hey!  I was a radio announcer--i.e., a producer and host of over 100 radio
programs on Jewish culture and identity, on (the old) WEVD in New York
(and CBS-FM and syndication) and another "ethnic" station, on WBAI, and
for "The Eternal Light"; and I wrote a documentary on contemporary
American-Jewish music for NPR.  All (he says defensively) were quite well
researched and were--for all sorts of Jews, from Village Voice readers and
NPR listeners to (unexpectedly) Monsey, New York frummies--sources of
reliable information and new perspectives--and, sometimes, important
Jewish-identity connection.

So ... harummpphh!!

--Robert Cohen, "Beethoven" Cohen in my days as Director of Classical
Music for WVBR-FM, Ithaca, NY