Re: "vent"

Beautifully put, Judith. Thanks so much!!!

Personally, I never put up with Kol Isha. Many Jewish traditions are beautiful, based on deep religious thought and inspiration. The only "inspiration" I can get from Kol Isha is that women are evil and create evil in the World. No frumm man that I know puts up with Kol Isha either! They consider it to be an antiquated way of thinking and insulting to the women that they love.

And as a Theatrical _expression_ puts it: If you don't like it...vote with your feet.

Translation: you don't want to hear women sing: Get Up and Leave!

Trudi Goodman

Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. ---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org ---------------------+ Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network http://shamash.org A service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/ * * FREE JEWISH LEARNING * * Shamash invites you to join MyJewishLearning.com, a comprehensive, objective, authoritative and interactive learning resource in all areas of Judaism. Free membership via http://www.myjewishlearning.com/shamash ---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org ---------------------=

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->