Re: Finale, Sibelius, LilyPond, etc.

Eliezer Kaplan wrote:
> and checked out their web site. I was all ready to just buy the thing =
> and then I saw the $600 price tag. Now the ad you saw for Finale- was =
> that a full-featured program or just a subset? Is there a simpler, =
> cheaper program out there that may not have all the bells and whistles, =

Finale realized there are different markets and so put out PrintMusic! which
is a verison of Finale missing some features.  Easy to find comparisons
on the web.  None of the in the finale line had the one feature I would have
paid extra for - the ability to define key signatures other than the
standard major and minors, e.g. the typical 2 flats and a sharp.

So I notate everything in Am and put accidentals all over.

PrintMusic! is about 50-75 dollars.  They have a FREE version called NotePad
and a slightly more uxseable version called NotePad Plus for $24.

http://www.codamusic.com/coda/

ro

--
r l reid        ro (at) rreid(dot)net