RE: KlezFest London 2003

What do you mean 'we' ? will you be coming?  I hope so.

Those people listed below are wonderful I agree, but sadly not on the A list
this year as faculty for KlezFest London.

I CAN guarantee that you will see Michael Alpert, Alan Bern, Frank London,
Deborah Strauss, Jeff Warschauer and some others who are still in the
pipeline as well as Sophie and others on the HHK crew.

KlezFest London this year will be focussed firmly on instrumentalists,
singers and dancers.  The programme will be intensive and each day will
start with song and dance for all and will approach a different element of
klezmer with specific repertoire in depth, in plenary sessions, in ensembles
of equal level of ability and in instrumental classes. Then there will be a
completely new approach to the ensemble session where students may elect to
lead ensembles, or sign up, and some ensembles will include drama based on
Yiddish folk tales. Faculty members will come round to listen and advise.
The last session each day will be a student led question and answer session.
For serious singers there will be masterclasses and a concert.

As our Ot Azoy! the fantastic Yiddish language course, led by Chayele Beer
of University College London, is the week before, we will continue with
Yiddish conversation classes and Yiddish drama for those that stay on for
both courses.

Watch the website for more details and the registration from will be there
hopefully by the end of the month.  Website www.jmi.org.uk

Dates:
Ot Azoy! 29 June - 4 July
KlezFest 6-10 July
(we will also be dong a Summer School in Jewish choral music with Stephen
Glass in the week of 22 - 26 June for choirs, choristers and choirmasters,
specifically related to music for the Synagogue, if anyone is interested
please let me know, and I will give you more details.

See you

Geraldine