Re: Joy of Klez--unsolicited praise

I'll agree with that!  I also organize an ad hoc klezmer band at our
shul, Temple Aliyah in Needham, MA.  Joy of Klez has been among the
easiest sources to work with.  Several of our players are amateur
orchestra musicians and really need the charts.  Being just an amateur
bass guitarist myself (and a rocker at that) I'm glad I don't have to
write arrangements for everything.

I'd also like to plug the Klezmer Band Folio from he Yale Klezmer band.
Also helpful, though not quite as easy a format to work with as the
Maxwell St. book.

--
Dick Schoeller
mailto:schoeller (at) attbi(dot)com

"Er ist ein Narr, der meint, es sei nicht schad, das Kind
auszuschütten mit dem Bad"         - Thomas Murner 1512