Divahn performing in NYC!

Dear Friends,

My band Divahn is coming to NYC for some performances in January.  We are based
in Austin, TX and perform Mizrakhi and Sephardi music.  I hope that those of
you living in the New York area will be able to attend one of these shows!  I'd
love to meet some of you.

You can also check out George Robinson's article on Divahn in The Jewish Week
next week, and listen to us on WNYC's "Sound Check" on January 8th!

Thanks for your support!

Sincerely,

Galeet Dardashti
Divahn
www.divahn.com

Divahn Appearing in NYC!!

Wednesday, January 8th
Makor
35 West 67th Street
(between Central Park West and Columbus Avenue)

Jewish Music Showcase:
Divahn will begin the evening, followed by C Lanzbom & Noah Chase, and Klezmer
Mountain Boys
Show starts at 7 pm
$15

Saturday, January 11th
East Midwood Jewish Center
1625 Ocean Avenue, Brooklyn
Advanced Tickets $25 (student tickets $10); $30 at the door
Appetizers and Desserts Served
7:30 pm
For more info, please call (718) 338-3800 and ask for Edith.

Fans first heard Divahn's Middle Eastern and Sephardic grooves deep in the
heart of Texas.  Today, this dynamic Austin-based quartet delights audiences
throughout the country and has made numerous live radio appearances.  Divahn
infuses traditional songs with sophisticated harmonies and arrangements using
tabla, cello, rabel, doumbek, banjo and other acoustic instruments, plus vocals
in Hebrew, Judeo-Spanish, Persian, Arabic, Aramaic and Turkish.  Their
beautiful lyricism flows through an intense rhythmic drive.  The group
distinguishes itself as the only all-female ensemble performing
Mizrakhi-influenced music (Jewish music from the Middle East and North Africa)
in the US.

Divahn, a word common to Hebrew, Persian, and Arabic, means a collection of
songs or poetry.  Through its music, Divahn seeks to underscore the
interconnectedness of diverse Middle Eastern cultures and religions.  The group
captures the breadth and diversity of Mizrakhi and Sephardi music throughout
the centuries, while simultaneously creating and redefining innovative
directions for the music in the present.

Please visit www.divahn.com for more information.