Re: Sephardic dance?

Hi, Judith Brin Ingber studies and performs Sephardic dance. She wrote a
piece on it that ran in JFER some years ago.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what scholars make of her dance and/or
writing, but URL below, fyi.

Best,

Joel

http://ourworld.cs.com/jbrinIngber/

At 09:51 AM 12/4/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Just wondering, is there anyone who has done research on the dances of
>Jews of Sephardic origin; i.e., how do/did Jewish dances in places like
>Morrocco or Salonika differ or resemble the dances of the surrounding culture?
>
>I've never come across these sorts of dances--only Israeli dances that
>utilize Sephardic melodies but don't attempt to show the actual dances of
>Sephardic Jews.  I know there are performing troupes but haven't had the
>opportunity to see any of them out here.
>
>Helen

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.
Lexington, MA 02420 USA

Home Office:    781-862-4104
Email:          joel(dot)br (at) verizon(dot)net