Re: Computer gibberish

>>Would it be not a better way to not send pictures etc. on this list?
>
>Indeed! I must admit to getting more than a trifle irritated with the
>(relatively) largish amount of binary attachments and html messages,
>especially being on metered dial-up here.

It is, indeed, against list rules to send any attachments to the list. There is
no tool to enforce this, other than a promise to remove people who are unable
to cooperate.

Similarly, I have no way to strip HTML (nor the expertise to explain how to
prevent sending HTML to those who would prefer to comply)

If all goes well, the list will be moving to a new host in the next few months
and these problems will become moot.

In the meantime, as several people have posted, consideration and attention to
these things matter a great deal.

ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.klezmershack.com/