Re: Computer gibberish

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Fred Blumenthal wrote:

> I get the ListServ (is that the correct word?) in the daily digest form.
> The first half (or more) of the most recent consisted of a tremendous
> amount of computer gibberish - letters and numbers not separated into

Dear Fred,

The rubbish in the digest format comes from people
sending attachments to the e-maillist (including
pictures, html encoded messages and other stuff). These
beautiful attachments yield pages of gibberish in the
digests and mail archives.

A solution to your problem would be to switch from
digest format to MIME digest format. The latter format
can cope with attachments.

 Groeten,
 Irwin Oppenheim
 i(dot)oppenheim (at) xs4all(dot)nl