either option?  (This would be in mid-winter, so I'm actually a tad uneasy
about committing to air travel, though I it sounds like an otherwise lovely
gig and I'm otherwise looking forward.)

#2:  I'm not, in fact, wary about plane travel since 9/11--still safer than
your average car ride; but I *dread* the stuff being (ineffectually and
fatuously, I think) being done in the name of "security."  In particular,
does anyone know if my tapes and CDs--especially the homemade tapes that
I've compiled by dubbing from LPs--are at risk from scanning, etc.?  (I'm
planning on taking them on board--wouldn't let them leave me for a second.)

#3:  Finally:  Does anyone know where I can efficiently (i.e., one phone
call) get *padding* to protect my boombox inside a duffel-like case?  I may
or may not have to take this with me, actually, but I've meant to ask this
for a long time; as it is, I just stuff the case with towels, which is
surely not very effective.

Thanks in advance for any and all eitses.

--Robert Cohen