Re: Beregovski recommendation

B"H Munich

Hey,  Pete.

Hope all is well in your world. thanks for the
expansive response on the Beregovski thing. Feel
compelled now to "chop" both versions, to be sure.
Dunno how easy that will be here in Bavaria - do you
think they will be available at Klezkamp? Seems to me
to be essential - though perhaps it´s a bit too
academic for the average bear?

REALLY important is this information about "klezmer
concertos". Have you heard either of the works you
mention? If so, where are they recorded? Have you seen
the notes? Where are they to be found/ordered/perused?
I´m personally fascinated by the concept, and could
easily imagine performing such a thing with orchestra
throughout Europe, if it lives up its billing.

Believe me, I´m waiting next to the computer for your
response. though there may be SOME information about
Pedotser in Stutchevsky´s book.

Shalom,

Alex Jacobowitz