  From: BrittGood (at) aol(dot)com
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 7:29 PM
  Subject: Re: Judy Garland & "Eli, Eli"

  In a message dated 10/30/2002 12:28:17 AM Eastern Standard Time, wiener (at)
mindspring(dot)com writes:

    Here's Eliott Kahn's post from that time.  It seems that, indeed, you may
have sheet music for the Yiddish theater song that Eliott refers to.

  Yes, that is exactly it ((Eli Eli loma asavtoni ...the remainder of the song
is a Yiddish plaint to God from the suffering Jew: " ... In feier in flam hot
men uns gebrent ..." )).
  And since I am new to the Shamash list, thanks for the history of it.
  B. Goodman

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->