Re: what is a Shlomo song?

Shlomo himself as a wonderful version of L'Ma'an Achai (in Hebrew + English)
on an LP called "Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach"--a striking picture of Reb Shlomo,
with a white beard, against a black background--which was also at one point
available on cassette; maybe still.  I've never seen a CD of it.  Perhaps
the best LP Shlomo ever made, in terms of mellow voice, solid repertory, and
reasonably OK (at least by Shlomo LP standards) recording.

L'Ma'an Achai is also on a new CD put out by a group called LEVITE; I think
they call the CD Tefilah [Prayer].  Quite pleasing versions of Shlomo
niggunim, plus a couple of Craig Taubman and a few other composers not known
to me.

--Robert Cohen