Re: Vi nemt men di heylike teg?

  Well, if we continue the list of Russian songs unified by this melodic
formula, we can be led very far from "didactic" content of the nign... They
are countless and belong to the genre of so called "city romance" (beginning
of the 20th century). Shostakovich "created" cristallized and extremely
catchy version of it for the movie "Maxim's Youth" (1934) - the perfect
example of a certain style with just the right words (the hero is singing it
in 1910) - "Krutitsya-vertitsya shar goluboy" with one of the verses "Where
is that street, where is that house, where is that sweet lady I'm in love
with?" (it was mentioned before in relation to "Vi iz dus gesele, vi iz dus
shtib").
  Now, having warned you, I can't resist quoting another one, my favorite
(same formula) - also a great example, a little on a teary side. The first
verse goes like this:
    I was a batallion scout -
    And he was a little pathetic military clerk,
    I was standing up for mother Russia -
    And he was sleeping with my wife.

  Inna