Tarras's clarinets

Dear list members,

I am currently doing research for myself transcribing and listening closely
to old klezmer recordings. A clarinet player myself, it is very interesting
get deep into the playing of the great clarinetists, examining each dreydl
and krekht
carefully.

Right now I am working with Der Glater Bulgar as recorded by the Tarras
Instrumental Trio. It is recorded in concert b minor, and it seems to me
that
Tarras is playing a clarinet in A. Does anyone on the list have knowledge
about
this? The 'truth' that Brandwein played a C instrument and Tarras a Bb,
seems to
be widely spread. But in this particular piece, neither C or Bb works very
well
(taken that the instrument in use is a clarinet with the Albert system).

Enlighten me!

thanks

Andreas Edlund
Gothenburg
Sweden

Converse com seus amigos online, faça o download grátis do MSN Messenger:
http://messenger.msn.com.br