Re:Hatikvah, Yerushalayim shel zahav, God Bless America, etc

>I got the distinct impression
> that it was taken to be too "pro-Israeli" by some, perhaps
> because of some contexts in which the song has come to be
> sung or even Shemer's personal politics.

I know this is off topic (or at least REALLY tangential) but...
This seems more than a little ridiculous too me- if it wasn't for folks who
were 'pro-Israeli' the country (and the 'recent Israeli songs' as well as
the 'folk liturgy' as well as Mr. Ben Yehuda and the revitilization of the
Hebrew language) would not be there (to rag on?!) in the first place. I
don't want to get political here and defend (or knock) the entire
package-deal of the Sharon (or any) Israeli government- this ain't the
forum- but a pretty song? C'mon!!!
                                               ek

www.zelwel.com