hu tsa tsa

Hi - . I am preparing a radio segment on all the versions of the song
Hu-tsa-tsa. Any information on this melody in Yiddish or from any
other language would be appreciated.
?Fishl Kanapoff gets the credit for the melody and his American
version "Hu-tsa-tsa" is probably the first Yiddish recording but i
believe there were earlier songs to the melody.
?My grandmother sang a song to that melody that began with the line
"Di kozakn zenen arayngeritn" but my mother Beyle Gottesman remembers
only the first line and using that line, made a parody based on her
experiences of the Russians entering Chernovits. ("Di Kozakn" on the
CD "Zumerteg").
?ÝMichael Alpert wrrote a parody to the melody called "Chernobyl" on
a Brave Old World recording.
?ÝRecordings of The Kanapoff version are on the LP by Miriam Dvorin,
and "Those Were the Days" with Bruce Adler and Zalmen Mlotek.

?Ýa gut gezunt yor - itzik gottesman