Re: No Pictures Please

I agree that no one should ever send unsolicited attachments,
especially to mailing lists and there is good reason for lists having
rules against doing so.  Meanwhile, one way you can protect yourself
is to set your email program settings to skip messages over 10K.  The
subject line and the first few lines of text still show up in your
mailbox, and at the bottom you see something like this:

>WARNING: The remainder of this 251K message has not been
>transferred.  Turn on the "Fetch" button in the icon bar and check
>mail again to get the whole thing.

but you then have the option of deleting the email from your server
before you are stuck downloading large files on a slow connection.  I
used to do a slow burn every time that happened to me before I
discovered the solution.

I.Oppenheim wrote:
>A) Your flooding everyone's mailbox with 260KB of data
>that nobody asked you for, but that that we all
>nevertheless must download.

L'shone toyve,

Yosl (Joe) Kurland
The Wholesale Klezmer Band