Re: MItzvah music and dance

In a message dated 7/17/2002 5:32:31 PM Central Daylight Time,
lkoenick (at) erols(dot)com writes:

> It is not just our Jewish community that has lost the ability to do its
> social dances.  The general population has done the same.

I don't know....All the Greek fests that I have attended have lots of
traditional Greek dancing, and both men and women seem to know how to do it.
But it may all be inconsequential--one generation from now, no one except a
few old people and folkdancers/singers may know the traditions of ANY
culture.  Kind of like the conquistadors burning down the Mayan libraries,
except this time it's being done by radios and CDs.
Lori

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->