Re: gelbart/dreydl

Tayere Lorele ...

Thanks for the Gelbart tidbit -- coincides wih my own memory. Who was the
mitl shul student so I can write him or her - maybe get that individual in
on the salute in some way. I was touched by the quote that he considered us
all his children.  I remember rehearsal in his khor, we sang at Madison
Square Garden, Carnegie Hall, on WEVD and other venues.

Does anyone have Gelbart photos?

Sylvia Schildt
Baltimore, Maryland

PS

The hotel contract was signed yesterday - so the conference dates and venue
are definite - Pikesville Hilton, Baltimore, Maryland - Sept. 4,5,6,7- 2003.

Now we get to the good stuff -- planning the special events, entertainment,
workshops and lerer sessions.

Plenty of time for yidish lerers worldwide to start saving up, or going for
grants and scholarships in their respective communities. Watch for
subsequent info on conference rates.

The first meeting of the IAYC (I was there) was at a MameLoshn conference in
Connecticut - and it too was a conference within a conference.  hope if
enough lerers come, it might become the kickoff of our own internatzyonaler
lerer fareyn.

Lerers will be particularly interested in meeting woih and hearing David
Weintraub of the Dora Teitelboim Foundation and the things they are doing to
spread Yiddish teaching into the Day Schools and the rest of the Jewish
Community of South Florida - a dugma for us all.

Sylvia Schildt
on 6/29/02 6:50 AM, Lori Cahan-Simon at l_cahan (at) staff(dot)chuh(dot)org