Re: Bottle Dance from Fiddler on the Roof

We just finished doing a production of Fiddler where I had the privilege of
playing Golda.  As I understand it, for all of the dancing in the show there is
specific Jerome Robbins choreography that is noted in the Director's script
that is ordered for the show.  Our bottle dancers wore felt hats and used
plastic "whiskey sour" bottles for the bottles.  They looked like glass and
were filled about half way with water to give them some weight.  It is the same
process as carrying a book on your head -- keep your head forward and still and
move the rest of your body.  They definitely balanced the bottles on their
heads and not one of them dropped during any of the performances.

Judy :)

Judy Caplan Ginsburgh, Professional Singer
1999 Louisiana Professional Artist of the Year!
judy (at) jewishentertainment(dot)net
www.jewishentertainment.net/judy
Director: Jewish Entertainment Resources - We Help You Find Jewish Talent!
www.jewishentertainment.net
Conference Chair, CAJE 23: www.caje.org
"I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both
hands. You need to be able to throw something back."