Re: Bottle Dance from Fiddler on the Roof

I received the following inquiry which, though I do a bottle dance, I
figured some people on the list could answer better than I.

I don't know anything about the origins other than the tradition of
dancing to entertain the bride and groom.  As for how to do it, you
need to wear a hat that forms a cradle for the bottle (though I have
seen it done with a suede yarmulke that makes for a non-slip
surface), and you need to have enough liquid in the bottle to weight
the bottom.

Please send answers both to the list and to the address below as the
inquiry comes from someone who is not a subscriber to this list.

Zayt gezunt (be healthy),

Yosl (Joe) Kurland
The Wholesale Klezmer Band
Colrain, MA 01340