Re: Low life

I have a bunch of songs about the prostitute trade between Poland and
Buenos Aires (though not all have melodies). They're a collection called
'di untervelt in ire lider' by Shmuel Lehman, printed in in 'Studies on
Yiddish Philology, Literature and Ethnology: Vol 1' (Warsaw). There's also
Lehman's 'ganovim lider' (Warsaw, 1928).

As for where you can find these publications - I know that the New York
Public Library has the former, and JTS has the latter; not sure about
other libraries.

You might be interested, on the same topic, in Glickman's (non-musical)
book, 'The Jewish White Slave Trade and the Untold Story of Raquel
Liberman' (New York: Garland, 2000)

Abbi