Re: [OT] if not here, where to go for political discussion?

At 09:56 AM 4/26/2002 -0400, you wrote:

>Can Ari or anyone else recommend a good discussion server for current Jewish
>political issues? I want to be reading such mail, and perhaps Elliot K.and
>the other people who want to discuss such topics could subscribe also to
>that list.

I respond as someone who is somewhat disillusioned as to the likelihood of
getting a group of disparate strangers to discuss meaningful political issues
online in a manner that is discussive and respectful, or even satisfying (as
opposed to the usual shouting one at the other). After fifteen years online, I
do not want to build up anyone's expectations that this is even as easy as
putting together a group of people who meet face to face to discuss difficult
political issues.

But, this list (jewish-music) is hosted by Shamash, which hosts another 500
lists of Jewish interest. You can review the names of those that are public at
http://shamash.org/help/listoflists.shtml . I would be surprised if there were
not a few political lists of various slants worth trying out.

ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.klezmershack.com/