The golden Peacock/Goldene Pave

Someone asked me the following question:
re: Di Goldene Pave" the Golden Peacock - a yiddish poem by  Anna Margolin set
to music by Chava Alberstein and the Klezmatics.  All my research indicates
that the Golden Peacock is the symbol for Jewish 'folk' music".  Are you aware
of any other 'meaning' behind the "Golden Peacock"?  The poem would seem to be
a love poem, but it would seem that there is a deeper meaning beneath that???
Where did the Golden Peacock originate?

Does anyone have an answer?  I'll forward the answer on.

Helen

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->