Emil Zrihan & machine translation [was Re: The Anthology of Jewish Music]

Dear Irwin,

You wrote:
> Well, here is that translation. I wished that my
> command of Russian was as good as that of the
> computer...

In response, I can't resist sending the translation I got earlier today from
MY computer (well, actually, from Google) of a report (originally in German)
of an interview with Emil Zrihan.
:-D  :

<<
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.uni-bamberg.d
e/~ba2fm3/Zrihan.htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522Emil%2BZrihan%2522%26num%3D100%
26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

Emil Zrihan -- the interview (2.7.1999)
of
Hamdi Tawfik

Emil Zrihan was born 1954 in Rabat, Morocco. In the age of nine years it is
emigriert to Israel, therefore it does not speak so well Arab. It is married
and has 3 daughters and a son.
It sings Moroccan, Syrian and sometimes also Egyptian in verschiednen Arab
dialects, for example. It began with singing already as of nine years one.
With 13 it arose for the first time in a concert and earned themselves so
its first money. Today is not Emil von Beruf singer and plays a music
instrument.

Contents of its singing are ethical-religiously coined/shaped, but it sings
also over the love. Its preference applies for singing the songs from
Morocco. A characteristic of its music is the mixture of Moroccan and Hebrew
elements. A further characteristic of its singing are Mawals, improvisations
over musical topics. It stated, it particularly controls all Maqamat, but
Iraq and Segah (Iraq is a special type of Maqam, which is particularly sung
in the Iraq).

The poems, which the singer Emil Zrihan as well as its ensemble tones, are
partial of traditional origin, partially come them in addition, from famous
Arab poets.

Emil Zrihans ensemble does not exist own data according to from less than 35
musicians, but due to the high costs of the approach after Rudolstadt only a
limited number from musicians could come to Rudolstadt.

[snip]

It may also still be chortling over the above.
Sandra