  From: Lori Cahan-Simon
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 11:17 AM
  Subject: Re: The Anthology of Jewish Music "Yiddishe Momme"

  Please don't reply to this message with all the attachments still intact.  It
freezes up my system and I can't get rid of them without a lot of trouble.

  Thanks.
  Lorele

  Bob Wiener wrote:

    Comments?  Does anyone know more about these recordings?  Has anyone heard
them?  Sources of recordings?  Sound accuracy and quality?

    It's not quite clear to me if these are supposed to be
completely/largely/partially Russian recordings not available elsewhere on CD
or an attempt to make a general anthology of Jewish music from around the world
(at least Russia, Western Europe, and America) recorded in the 20th century.

    And what is the Jewish content of " Shirt Tail Stomp" (Benny Goodman) N.Y.,
1928?

    Bob

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->