Re: "Colors of Istanbul" lecture

FWIW:  I did go to this lecture, though I'm not sure what I can usefully
post about it.  Even my notes to myself are somewhat unreadable--or
inexplicable!  Wonderfully rich range of secular and sacred music--and of
examples of various and sundry fusions.  Casually presented by someone who
obviously has an extensive, first-hand familiarity with the material.

I do plan to talk with him about his talk and some of his musical examples.

--Robert Cohen