Re: "Colors of Istanbul" lecture

As far as I was told, the Turkish beaches were a resort for many people,
including Eastern European Jews, and the musicians played all kinds of
music there, introducing people to "foreign" sounds and dances which
were brought home and included in the repertoire.  Please correct me if
I am misinformed .

Lorele

--
You can now hear Lori's new CD, Songs My Bubbe Should Have Taught Me; Vol.1:
Passover, at: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/lcahan Only $15 & postage. Email me for

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->