Eitz Chaim

Side 2
Medley
Achas Shoalty
Oideh
Ato Seiser
Veyeida
Rikud

On the lp, the Medley and Achas Shoalty are part of the same cut (the medley
ends and Achas begins within the same track), so there appear to be ten
tracks on the lp as well.

I'm looking forward to purchasing these cd reissues (especially the first
Skulaner disc with the banjo). Too bad they're not mastering from original
tapes, but they're not the only ones guilty of such things. NMC (the former
CBS Israel) has seemed to have missplaced or lost some classic things as
well. I was appalled to find out that on their recent Geula Gill compilation
"Daber Elai Bifrachim" was dubbed from a scratchy and distorted vinyl disc,
and that materials for which true stereo masters most probably exist
(material she recorded for Columbia in the U.S.) were transferred from bad
mono pressings.

This is, after all, our heritage they're messing with. Jeez.

Mr. Lorin Sklamberg, Sound Archivist
YIVO Institute for Jewish Research

15 West 16th Street
New York, NY 10011