Re: a new ridiculous web project

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:39:01 -0500, you wrote:

>I can't get through at all.  The stupid free service from my former
>school has blocked it.  Do you have anything there that would make this
>so?  Is there a back door to get in that they may not block?  I'd like
>to see what you have.  And I'll be glad to "translate" anything to YIVO
>standard for you.

i can email you whichever files you like, in whatever format... is all of
pitt.edu blocked? if someone could give me ftp space on some kind of jewish or
yiddish server for a mirror, that would be teriffic... ari, are you able to set
up a subdirectory area that i could ftp into? this music don't take up very
much space... :)

for transliterations:
you can start with "der alte tzigener"

also i would like the standards "bei mir bist du schon," "abi gezunt,"
"margaritkelach," "Vus du vilst," "skrip klezmer'l," "i luv you much too much"
and "mein yiddishe meidere"(??? that's a rumba-tango number) these are all
(except for "margaritas & kreplach") in the sokolow klezkamp book without words.

i'll be able to put the lyrics in the actual sheet music... i'm pretty jazzed
about that.

that should do it for now :)

-yakov
http://yakov.cjb.net