Purim music

Well no one else seems to send in reports on recent concerts or
musical experiences so I will.

The Workman Circle, Great Small Works, HEEB, sponsored  "Purim
against the death penalty" (something like that) event at the Workman
Circle in NY featured King Django and the Klezmatics.  The theater
was wonderful thanks to Jenny Romaine and the music  was too. King
Django played a lot more Yiddish and Jewish stuff than is found on
his CD and I am told it was an entirely new band. The Klezmatics
played stuff from their now -being- recorded CD and were great.

On Purim night a bunch of us met in Boro-Park (Michael Alpert, Ken
Richmond, Lisa Mayer and Sruli Dresser, Franceso Spangola, Sharon
Bernstein, Edward Seroussi, Jenny Romaine, among others, pardon my
spelling). Nowadays you're glad when there's any instrument providing
the music, most likely a synthesizer etc. At Karlin-Stolin, there was
was keyboardist and great dancing;  at Bobov, I came a few hours
earlier than the rest and heard the badkhones, with a keyboardist
playing nigunim. The rebbe was not well and the shpil ended earlier
than I ever remember, about 130 AM. At Munkatch, the shpil and
interscene dancing were happening and still going on at 230 AM. I
guess there was a keyboardist but I don't remember seeing him. We
never made it to the Skulener. Next year. One interesting note, when
we returned to Bobov and the shpil had already ended, a group of
Bobover were sitting around singing Yiddish songs unaccompanied,
using a bencherl and the cassette notes to a "Heymishe Klangen"
cassette produced by Suki and Ding to help them with the words

?ÝItzik Gottesman.