Re: mailinglist was RE: WANTED!

on 2/5/02 5:51 PM, Ari Davidow at ari (at) ivritype(dot)com wrote:

>> ari, maybe you should put unsubscribe instructions in the footers? -yakov
>
> But is that a cure for the type of inconsiderate behavior that makes
> repeatedly informing hundreds of your best friends that you were neither smart
> enough to read the instructions you got on joining the list, not smart enough
> to read the periodic postings to the list with the instructions, and not smart
> enough to ask? Once?
>
> I'm still against making more rules or adding another paragraph of verbiage to
> accompany each line of post to the list, just to work around the fact that
> sometimes things go wrong. ;-) But, sometimes I'm wrong--if people think it
> would help, I'll reconsider.
>
> ari

Ari, I like the way this list is managed. 8) I was thinking about the same
thing...I doubt many of us want lots of extra verbiage, but maybe just one
extra short line (two words, maybe: 'subscription info' or 'list info') with
a URL directly to the subscription information wouldn't hurt?

I've been administering systems and supporting users for awhile and I've
learned this: A lot more people have embraced the internet; this is good.
But, a lot more people need a little extra help.

brian