Re: neither angry nor thoughtful?

That *is* a great anecdote--I wish I *did* have the source--and as I've
written Judith privately, I didn't notice that the original posting was sent
over her name and e-mail address (in fact, I was sure it was from an
unfamiliar one ... obviously not so); and, in any case, my own posting was
meant primarily to be (mildly) educative rather than (even more mildly)
rebuking.

So far as Arabic borrowings in Jewish music are concerned, Judith
undoubtedly knows a book's worth to my article--or, rather, my footnote.

--Robert Cohen