  From: Lori Cahan-Simon
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 6:36 AM
  Subject: Re: "ot azoy" - Bob Cohen and Di Naye Kapelye

  If there were a comma (Makht a khosn, kinder) couldn't it be "one makes a
bridegroom, children"?  I can't imagine that the dance that goes with this is a
bump and grind type that one might expect with the other translation.
  Lorele

  Mordechai Kamel wrote:

Ot azoy - "This is how" tantst mit aleh shviger "dance with all of the inlaws".
                       makht a khosn kinder    "the groom makes
children".Mordi-----Original Message-----From: owner-jewish-music (at)
shamash(dot)org[mailto:owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org]On Behalf Of
Yakov ChodoshSent: Friday, January 25, 2002 11:55To: World music from a Jewish
slantSubject: Re: "ot azoy" - Bob Cohen and Di Naye KapelyeOn Fri, 25 Jan 2002