  From: Lori Cahan-Simon
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Sent: Friday, January 25, 2002 12:22 PM
  Subject: Re: levites and music

  You know the story of the man who wanted to be a Cohen, don't you?
  Lorele

  BarMusProd (at) aol(dot)com wrote:

Dear Lorele,Well, the Levis will come out of the woodwork for this one. But
yes, my grandfather was a Levi and a Cantor, my father was a
violinist/conductor/music educator and was a Levi. I am a composer/arranger,
conductor, and record producer and am a Levi as well, I would guess.Best
wishes,SteveSteve BarnettComposer/Arranger/ProducerBarnett Music
ProductionsBarMusProd (at) aol(dot)com In a message dated 1/25/02 6:58:22 AM,