From:  ALANEFALK (at) aol(dot)com [SMTP:ALANEFALK (at) aol(dot)com]
Sent:  Wednesday, January 23, 2002 3:51 PM
To:  World music from a Jewish slant
Subject:  Re: recordings - my one cents worth

In a message dated 1/23/02 3:01:24 PM, physchem (at) telocity(dot)com writes:

<< I don't know how many of you saw the documentary on "Q"uincy Jones on
PBS
a couple of months ago. He was recording a big band album in two days, and
for the last part of the second day they bring in a live studio audience,
you
can hear the way the musicians change how they play. >>

Interestingly enough that was the same technique Frank Sinatra used on many
of his recordings -singing in front of an invited studio audience.
Admittedly
mostly comprised of his cronies and 'clack' - but it sure made for
spontaneity and energy.

Alan Falk
Nefesh Klezmer Band