  From: allen watsky
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 8:27 PM
  Subject: Fw: Sephardic Songbook

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: allen watsky
  To: Joshua Horowitz
  Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 2:46 PM
  Subject: Sephardic Songbook

  Josh, Got the book, hope you have my check, if not you will get it  Monday or
so.
      Edition Peters editions are always elegant, well laid out, good paper
stock etc. I'm sort of a paper fetishist, I need no encouragement to pick up
another book or edition of music. This one stands out, very well presented. I
have other Peters items.
      The contents of the book, are really great. I actually love this music. I
read through  about 20 or so pages of it last night. by the time I had sight
read to about page 13 page 2 of Canto de boda II, I was electrified. This
material is a gift to the musical community.
       The only slight problem for me is that they have a number of spots where
half measures are continued on the next line. I always find that mildly
annoying. Its no big deal. I am going to use this music. I especially enjoy the
compound meters. Very refreshing. It would be fascinating to hear the field
recordings, is that possible ?
       Have I been too effusive ? Naaaaaaah... This is great stuff.
Congratulations.... AW

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->