From:  Elrosen (at) aol(dot)com [SMTP:Elrosen (at) aol(dot)com]
Sent:  Sunday, November 11, 2001 2:13 PM
To:  World music from a Jewish slant
Subject:  Re: 78 transfers

Hi,
    I've been digitizing old 78's for a few years now for Yeshiva
University.
One affordable solution is to use Cubase VST. It's excellent quality,
almost-professional software that acts as a virtual studio. In addition to
that, there's a package you can buy that helps remove some of the hisses
and
pops from the old recordings. The result is not perfect (that will
inevitably
be the case with any equipment), but I find it to be VERY satifactory. You
can check out the info at www.cubase.net. You'll also need to look in the
plugins section for the DeNoiser and DeClicker. They do NOT come with the
software but are what what you need for the sound restoration. The price of
the entire package should cost around $700. If anyone has any questions,
you
can contact me. I live in Manhattan, so if anyone wants to see a
demonstration of the software in action, they can contact me.
All the Best,
Elie

Elie Rosenblatt
(646)685-2107