Re: internet radio station

on 11/10/01 9:39 PM, WINSTON WEILHEIMER at nusach (at) hotmail(dot)com wrote:

> investigate live365.com.  I have 4 stations running 24/7 and do live shows on
> the web three times a week...Sunday mornings at 9am, & Mondays & Thursdays at
> 10pm (eastern)
>

> see my web page at
>
> http://www.angelfire.com/art2/nusach
>

> winston weilheimer

Thanks, Winston. This is certainly an option. But, I'm hoping to "roll my
own" so I can create my own interface and scripting. Part of the fun, for
me, will be to build and configure it myself. Also, I would like to stream
at different bit rates. For example, I'd like to provide a low-bandwidth bit
rate of 32kbps but also a higher one like 128kbps. With Live365, you can
only stream at 56kbps.

The best part of the deal with Live365 though is the low monthly fee that
supposedly covers the licensing. Although, it only covers BMI, ASCAP and
SECAM. If any artists do not fall under these, then you still have to figure
out who else to pay. This seems like the most challenging part of it.

brian
--
"The unexamined life is not worth living." --Socrates

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->