RE: 78 transfers

How do you get rid of the 78 hum?

Reyzl

----------
From:  Mattflight (at) aol(dot)com [SMTP:Mattflight (at) aol(dot)com]
Sent:  Friday, November 09, 2001 1:01 PM
To:  World music from a Jewish slant
Subject:  Re: 78 transfers

    I do work for the Klezmer Conservatory Foundation
(www.klezmerconservatory.com/found.htm for more information) based out of
Boston. We offer the same service. I don't believe that their is any charge
but monetary donations are always accepted.
    Just as a side note, I will tell you that the transfers that I have been
doing have been sounding like they are brand new. It does help that the disks
that I have transferring from have been in excellent condition.
    If you are interested in doing this yourself, make sure you wash off the
record in room-temperature water, and keep you needle clean. I use a needle
cleaner every 6 to 8 sides. I do have a fancy EQ for playing 78's but I use
it less than half the time. If people would be interested I will write about
how I do this.

Matt Temkin - Mattflight (at) aol(dot)com
    Assistant Archivist; Klezmer Conservatory Foundation
    Jewish Music Percussionist