Re: [klezkamp] recording devices

----- Original Message -----
From: "Yakov Chodosh" <ync8 (at) softhome(dot)net>
To: "World music from a Jewish slant" <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 11:13 AM
Subject: [klezkamp] recording devices

What can you folks tell me about recording devices? I saw a minitape
recorder at the campus store, but the return policy is you can't just return
it if you don't like the sound, so I don't want to get it unless I'm sure I
want it. It was pretty cheap though, $35 inc. batteries and a tape.. Has
anyone else used those little mini-tape things? how do they sound?

And how much do digital "mini-disc" recorders cost? I know they sound really
good...

thanks
-yakov
"inconceivable!"

I can tell you that "you get what you pay for".  It isn't possible to build
a device to sell for such a low price that can deliver decent sound quality.

I was once in a liquor store in New Hampshire that had a basket of bottles
of "coffee brandy".  I asked the clerk if it was good, and he (being a
Yankee) answered, "We sell a lot of it".  I spent the two dollars, and
learned that they sell a lot of it even though it was terrible.