Re: [klezkamp] recording devices

I have been using a mini-disc recorder for about six months now.  I use
it to record myself when I am practicing clarinet, record recitals and
concerts, make mixes of cd's, and also to record my klezmer group.

The sound is incredible!  They are great and I would highly recommend
buying one.  They are expensive (you should expect to pay at least $180
plus another $20 to buy a microphone for external recording), but
because it is well worth it.

Because they record in digital, they last forever and you can re-record
over a mini-disc thousands of times, with no loss in sound quality.  A
normal mini-disc can hold 74 minutes of music.

Happy Listening,

Dan

Yakov Chodosh wrote:

> What can you folks tell me about recording devices? I saw a minitape recorder
> at the campus store, but the return policy is you can't just return it if you
> don't like the sound, so I don't want to get it unless I'm sure I want it. It
> was pretty cheap though, $35 inc. batteries and a tape.. Has anyone else used
> those little mini-tape things? how do they sound?
>
> And how much do digital "mini-disc" recorders cost? I know they sound really
> good...
>
> thanks
> -yakov
> "inconceivable!"