Re: Doina

In a message dated 10/15/01 9:37:48 AM, pgifford (at) umflint(dot)edu writes:

<< Romanian recording that I have is from 1908, where it appears as a

flute or piccolo solo in a military band recording of a medley of

Romanian tunes.  >>

Paul, I've been enjoying your book, although haven't had enough time to
devote to it. Congratulations on completing such a large project!
Is your above recording anything different from what has been re-released on
CD's or what we have from Kurt? I'd certainly be very interested in hearing
this - or any flute recordings -   if it is something not likely out there.
Primary flute sources are so very limited in number.
Thanks,
Adrianne Greenbaum