Re: Doina

This reminded me of a doina question I've got.

Almost all recordings of 'Jewish' doinas end with a faster dance piece,
even if they only have time for a few bars, the musicians seem almost
obliged to fit this in.  Recordings of Romanian (usually gypsy)
musicians playing doinas frequently don't end with a faster piece.  Is
this a specific characteristic of Jewish doina-playing, or of the the
types of doina adopted by Jews ('Doina Oltului' was suggested by Paul
Gifford in earlier doina discussions)? Or is it because most of my
Romanian doina recordings are more recent than klezmer doina recordings?

Tim Meyen