Re: early 78's on tape or cd

Hi, Yakov, not my area of expertise, but you might be interested in trying
the following:

Tarras, Dave    Yiddish-American Klezmer Music 1925-1956        Yazoo   7001
Various Klezmer Pioneers: European and American Recordings,
1905-1952   Rounder CD 1089
Various Yikhes, Frühe Klezmer-Aufnahmen von 1907-1939   Trikont US-0179
Schwartz, Martin, ed.   Klezmer Music   Arhoolie        7034
Various Klezmer Music 1910-1942 Global Village  C104

I think Global Village has a number of other releases as well.

Good listening,

Joel

At 12:32 AM 10/15/01 -0400, Yakov Chodosh wrote:

>i am on a quest to find some early klezmer 78's in a form I can listen to.
>tape or cd. sound quality, "remastering" is a nonissue. i just want to
>hear it! can anyone help me with this?
>
>-yakov
>"The most significant cost of a CD today is the marketing and promotion of
>that music." - RIAA.com

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->