Re: Ha-sela ha-adom or Red rock (Israeli song)

In a message dated 10/4/01 12:16:15 PM, jabeebe (at) amherst(dot)edu writes:

<< Hello -

A professor in the political science dept. at Amherst College is interested

in information about the popular Israeli song Ha-sela ha-adom. She has a

recording sung by Arik Lavie which we believe is from the 50s. We are trying

to identify when the song first became popular and if at all possible the

lyrics to the song. She is alos interested in the social significance of

this song. I have searched the internet and the other resources I have

available with not much luck.

Thanks very much!

Jane Beebe

Music Librarian >>

Jane-
George Steinfeld, who is our accordian player and grew up in Israel provided
the following information:
"This song is about a place in Jordan where there is a "red rock", sela adom,
that Israeli's have traveled to and have not returned."
Hope that helps.
Alan Falk
Nefesh Klezmer Band