Ha-sela ha-adom or Red rock (Israeli song)

Hello -

A professor in the political science dept. at Amherst College is interested
in information about the popular Israeli song Ha-sela ha-adom. She has a
recording sung by Arik Lavie which we believe is from the 50s. We are trying
to identify when the song first became popular and if at all possible the
lyrics to the song. She is alos interested in the social significance of
this song. I have searched the internet and the other resources I have
available with not much luck.

Thanks very much!

Jane Beebe
Music Librarian