Re: Itzik's Shabbos Nigun

Well, let's refer to it as "Arye Laish's Shabes nign" from now on,
since I learned it from him.He lives in Bnai-brak and is an
accomplished singer and actor and composer, now in his late 70s.  He
described a custom in his Romanian town of Stanishest (pronounced
Stanishesht) where the Jews of the town (only 35 families) greeted
the shabes at the river at the edge of town. the musicians greeted
the sabbath (with the tune leared at Klezkanada) and everyone singing
and dancing walked back to the synagogue as the sun set, and the
musicians left their instruments their in the shul.

what people at Klezkanada didn't know was they only learned half the
tune for simplicity sake (Frank London's decision). I will try to
post the whole tune on the web in  a few weeks.

?Ýgut shabes un a gut yor _ Itzik Gottesman

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->